LabPlanet

This is the forum of Lab, an alternative rock band from Finland.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:25 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Scientific resume?
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 1:40 pm 

An academic resume (CV, Curriculum Vitae) is a form required by universities, universities and some employers. It is based on education, skills and academic achievement.

Although there is an opinion that an academic CV is used to employ students for their first job in their lives, its main purpose is to evaluate a candidate for admission to a university, academic activity, study program or advanced training.

CV is also used in Russian universities, but most often they encounter it when applying to European or American educational institutions.

A CV is basically a short biography that highlights a person's accomplishments and justifies their qualifications for admission to a university, internship, study program, or project.
The academic summary consists of the following sections:

Education
If you are applying for graduate and doctoral programs, then it is not necessary to indicate the school at all. Save the admissions committee from unnecessary information.

List of publications
A properly and beautifully designed list of publications can make the right impression. However, it should be remembered that only those publications that are directly related to your chosen specialty should be indicated in the resume. That is, if you are applying for a marine biologist, but you have articles about giraffes in your arsenal, then you do not need to include the latter.

Post subject: Re: Scientific resume?
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 2:09 pm 

I never liked writing resumes because I was always too bad at it. All my life I have preferred the exact sciences, such as mathematics and physics, which require calculations, which is why I have never been able to write my thoughts on a sheet of paper properly and beautifully. Fortunately, my friend advised me to pay attention to this Free Resume Builder.
At first, I was skeptical enough to his advice, but still decided to heed and did not regret it.
I hope my answer will help you!